African Adventures

Friday, November 7, 2008

On Cloud 9 :)

A great day today that started around 2:30am (CAT) for me to the beeping of the battery back up in the final control (my room is next to it) where the circuit breaker tripped. So after a quick flip of a switch and a few mouse clicks went back to bed for a few hours.

Then woke up again to the sound of much needed rain and a great sign that the season is changing and things will become more green, more animals will be around, and the snakes have been coming out. The past 2 drives we have seen some. Where I have been in the final control directing or off so I didn't see them in person but that changed today :)

We were waiting in the final control to see if we could go out even for a short drive and Pete spotted a snake in his cabin. So while waiting we went to try and ID it and release it in the wild.
It turned out to be smaller than what Pete first thought so my snake tongs were way to big. He grabbed a box and I kept watch and we tagged teamed catching it (me grabbing it and him putting the container under it). Then we tried to ID it and found out it was a brown house snake and so we decided to give the viewers something to watch and well just see for your self :)



Pete dropped the container as the snake was coming out and that is me hand holding the small FC camera and picking the snake up again :) The beauty of live TV :)

Then we managed to go out on a short drive and saw a leopard tortoise and watched it come out of its shell.

So already a great day, and my first snake handling in Africa :)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home